DHI Hair Transplant
What is DHI Hair Transplant?
DHI Hair Transplant is one of the most researched and popular transplantation methods by potential patients who want to have a hair transplant operation today.
The grafts taken from the donor area through Micro FUE hair transplantation method (in medical terminology, every tissue or organ taken from another part of the body or another donor for transplantation is called a graft) can be directly transplanted in the area of transplantation without classical micro-incision and channel opening.
How Direct Hair Implantation Works?
- Your surgeon will shave your head and apply local anesthesia to numb it.
- The surgeon will extract hair follicles from the back of your head using a tool with a fine tip.
- The hair follicles will be loaded into a pen-shaped tool and implanted into the balding part of your scalp.
- The surgeon will apply an antibiotic cream and apply a bandage to all sites.
FUE and DHI surgeries generally take about 8 hours to complete, but the exact time can vary depending on the number of hair follicles being transplanted. It can take 12 to 18 months to see the full results of the surgery.
Who needs a DHI procedure?
People with androgenic alopecia, which is the most common type of hair loss, make the best candidates for hair implantation. This condition is commonly referred to as male or female pattern hair loss.
The following characteristics also make you a good candidate for hair transplantation:
Age. People who get hair implants should be over age 25. Hair loss before this age is more unpredictable.
Hair diameter. People with thicker hair usually achieve better results than people with thinner hair. Thicker hair gives each hair follicle more coverage.
Donor hair density. Patients with a hair density of fewer than 40 follicles Trusted Source per square centimeter at their donor site are considered poor candidates for hair transplants.
Hair color. People with light hair or with a hair color close to their skin tone often achieve the best results.
Expectations. People with realistic expectations are most likely to be satisfied with their results.
What are the Pros and Cons of DHI Hair Transplantation?
- In DHI hair transplantation, there is less bleeding than other transplantation methods where the incisions (channel) are made.
- It is preferred by the patients who want unshaved transplantation and worry about cosmetic appearance.
- Wound healing after transplantation occurs a few days earlier than other methods.
- It is easier for inexperienced surgeons to angle and direct the hair.
- If more than 3000 grafts are to be transferred, other methods can give more successful results.
- It is more costly because unique materials are used in this method.